At Panthera Dance Company, we have two competition crews who compete in the South of England.
The Panthers are our ELITE crew, aged 14 and over.
The Cubs are our younger crew, aged 8 to 13.
The dancers in these crews train vigorously for a couple of hours a week, to create powerful pieces of Street Dance to put forward in competitions and performances.
Would you like to be part of one of these crews?
If so please email us here to register your interest.
If you’re planning on attending one of our auditions, here are some helpful tips:
- Never give up!
- Give it your all! Be confident, not full of yourself!
- Learn to be thick skinned – sometimes you won’t get the job, but THAT’S FINE!
- Don’t sit down unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Ask questions if you need to.
- Don’t hide at the back of the room. Prove yourself to be the amazing dancer that you are!
- PERFORM ALL THE TIME – even if you are standing at the side, you are being judged.
- Use other people’s corrections to correct yourself.
- Clap for others – support the other people in the audition.
- Don’t look at the floor even if you are a bit nervous! LET US SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL EYES!
- Don’t talk when you’re not doing anything.
- Be prepared to freestyle!
- Don’t panic
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR at an audition:
- Focus and concentration
- Versatility throughout street styles
- Your own feeling and groove – PERSONALITY!
- Accuracy, strength and timing